1. Try not to twist your body at time of lifting any heavy objects.
2. Always, always, be certain to lift only with your knees/legs. That way you will not put pressure on your back!
3. At work, when sitting on your chair for a long duration make certain to go outside the workplace or to stretch a bit to break up the routine.
4. If you need to get something like an object or otherwise, be certain no to stretch too far out to strain your body.
5. At the workplace, make sure there is no dangerous objects or conditions that may be hazardous to your well being. Report any of the foregoing to a supervisor immediately.
6. Avoid working too long before taking a break. Try to take your breaks on time to relax your mind and body for better performance at work.